• Hello Guest! Thanks for stopping by. The Classifieds section is where we have our listings

We've been getting a lot of people while Calguns recently so look around and post.

See how we're different from Calguns. CAguns.net Feature Matrix

* If you're new here, Read the New User Guide before you post. Afterwards Drop in a forum and say hi!

CCW Los Angeles CCW (LASD ONLY)

Hey Fellas,

Just want to share my timeline with LASD for my CCW.

June 23rd, 2022 - Bruen v NY supreme court decision 🙂
June 27th, 2022 - CCW Application submitted to LASD along with MO for Fee ($30)
June 06th, 2023 - Received Call to Schedule in person interview and was told to complete Live Scan ($90)
June 14th, 2023 - In person interview with LASD, Live scan form turned in.
Sept 26th, 2023 - Received email approval for Firearms training.
Nov 25th, 2023 - 8 hour CCW Class completed with Medic Up ($380 included Arizona Certificate)
Nov 27th, 2023 - All final paperwork completed and submitted to LASD
Jan 20th, 2024 - Received LASD Call to schedule CCW Pick up.
Feb 22nd, 2024 - Picked up CCW and paid final fee ($120) at LASD HQ.

Total wait time - 20 Months (Could have been a little faster had I taken my CCW class earlier instead of waiting, I was waiting for my brother to get his Firearms approval so we could take the same class. He was right behind me.)

Total Fee's $620

Last edited:
Following here as well. I applied back in March 2023 and still waiting to hearing something...anything lol

I hear LASD started using Permitium and online submissions. Anyone know if you applied before that if you can track status through Permitium or if you had to have submitted after they started using it?

Someone on the other sight started this spreadsheet to track LASD CCW wait times, feel free to browse it.

If I were to pick up tomorrow my total wait time would have been 655 days. But I am on my last hurdle of waiting for the call to pick up then waiting to pick up.

Following here as well. I applied back in March 2023 and still waiting to hearing something...anything lol

I hear LASD started using Permitium and online submissions. Anyone know if you applied before that if you can track status through Permitium or if you had to have submitted after they started using it?
There will be no way for you to track through Permitium. However you can call LASD and ask when your application was input into their system and ask what month they are currently processing.

7/20/22 app dropped to tc station $30

11/30/22 inputted into system

2/15/24 email requesting docs/livescan

2/17/24 email confirmation of docs received

2/22/24 livescan submitted $116

3/15/24 phone interview completed

Congratulations on getting your FFL03 + COE. There is nothing better than shopping for ammo online and getting it shipped to your home. My UPS guy probably hates me because of the shipments!!!!
Thank you! Folks on reddit were pushing others to do it and citing all the advantages - and they were right. It's incredibly easy, and the waiting was the more annoying part of the entire process. I hate seeing posts where people are getting gouged by their FFLs on ammo, whether in-store or shipped in. Screw the middle man, fight the power, etc.

Maybe I'll get my UPS guy a gift certificate for a massage this year for Xmas, to help offset all the ammo drops 💪😂

How does the in-person interview happen? Sit in a room for a few hours and get questioned since the first minute you were born or easier than a job interview? lol

How does the in-person interview happen? Sit in a room for a few hours and get questioned since the first minute you were born or easier than a job interview? lol
I believe they are still doing phone interviews (for people with no criminal background, is what I read). Although, I havent heard of anyone doing an in person interview.

The interview itself is very easy, 15 minutes if you have no questions. The investigator goes over your application, makes sure there are no changes and guides you through the whole thing. Disclose everything, you dont want to not tell them something and then get DQ'd after waiting so long. They ask about the firearms you put on your application and if they are still valid or if you want to add or change any. If you want to add or change one have your serial number available to give them.

Sounds like it's not too bad, thank you for response. regarding the disclosure part, are they asking open ended questions or specific questions they find about the applicant?
I believe they are still doing phone interviews (for people with no criminal background, is what I read). Although, I havent heard of anyone doing an in person interview.

The interview itself is very easy, 15 minutes if you have no questions. The investigator goes over your application, makes sure there are no changes and guides you through the whole thing. Disclose everything, you dont want to not tell them something and then get DQ'd after waiting so long. They ask about the firearms you put on your application and if they are still valid or if you want to add or change any. If you want to add or change one have your serial number available to give them.

I believe they moved to phone interviews to try and speed up the process

On a different t note, I am submitting my renewal soon so will keep you posted on that process

Sadly I will be moving to Pasadena during this summer. Not looking forward to going through this length of process.

Posting my timeline, still waiting for a call. (hopefully updating my timeline soon...)

February 21, 2023 - Application submitted to local SD
March 16, 2023 - Application was accepted and entered to the system (was told when I called about my application)

Also, this may be helpful to some of us that are still waiting for a call, so if you ever call them and have an update, maybe you can update us as well.

January 30, 2024 - Called CCW Unit regarding my application, was told that they are working on applications (submitted or entered into the system) of November of 2022
April 11, 2024
- Called CCW Unit regarding my application, was told they are working on applications (submitted or entered into the system) of December of 2022

Last edited:
Posting my timeline, still waiting for a call. (hopefully updating my timeline soon...)

February 21, 2023 - Application submitted to local SD
March 16, 2023 - Application was accepted and entered to the system (was told when I called about my application)

Also, this may be helpful to some of us that are still waiting for a call, so if you ever call them and have an update, maybe you can update us as well.

January 30, 2024 - Called CCW Unit regarding my application, was told that they are working on applications submitted November of 2022
April 11, 2024
- Called CCW Unit regarding my application, was told they are working on applications submitted December of 2022
You need to ask the CCW unit when your application was input into their system. When they talk about processing applications from a certain time, they are talking about when that application was input into their system, not when you sent in your application.

For example... my application was sent in July of 2022. My application wasnt input into their system until Oct 30, 2022.

Please keep us posted on the renewal. Mine is in about 6 months. Are you taking the renewal class before you submit the paperwork?

Some of the wait times I've heard are insane. But they are not all that bad so don't let the possible wait demotivate you. Personally I submitted my initial application in July of 2021 and I had my CCW in hand in January of 2022. That said, I had to get my renewal by January of this year, so one important thing to keep in mind is this...you can submit your CCW renewal application 90 days prior to the expiration date. So don't procrastinate during the renew process.

You need to ask the CCW unit when your application was input into their system. When they talk about processing applications from a certain time, they are talking about when that application was input into their system, not when you sent in your application.

For example... my application was sent in July of 2022. My application wasnt input into their system until Oct 30, 2022.
My application was accepted and was put into the system March 16, 2023 as the CCW unit told me.

It sucks and is taking around from start to finish. I submitted on 7/18/22 and had my interview in March 2024. Still waiting for my 'proceed to training' email.
Submit sooner than later. Just going to keep getting worse until they assign more deputies to the CCW Unit.

It sucks and is taking around from start to finish. I submitted on 7/18/22 and had my interview in March 2024. Still waiting for my 'proceed to training' email.
Submit sooner than later. Just going to keep getting worse until they assign more deputies to the CCW Unit.
Do you happen to know when did they entered your application to the system? Cos submission date varies from entered into the system date.

Do you happen to know when did they entered your application to the system? Cos submission date varies from entered into the system date.
I don't know exactly but I bet it was in November 2022. There were other calguns users with similar dates to my timeline and they said theirs was entered into the system in November 2022.

Back