caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

CCW Los Angeles CCW (LASD ONLY)

09cs

Starting a thread here for LASD CCW discussion/timelines/questions. I am personally coming up on my renewal in a few months, so will keep you updated on that process there!

Greetings. I just took the first step and submitted my CCW application to LASD yesterday, 4/4/24. Very interested to see if I'll have it in hand before my hair turns completely gray. The race is on - expect a photo-finish in ~21-28 months 😴

21-28 months?!
Please tell me you're joking
I'm probably skewing towards the pessimistic side, to be fair. But from everything I'm seeing out there in terms of timelines others are willing to share, most aren't being contacted for the initial phone interview for at least 8-10 months from app submission. The first available in-person appointment time available to schedule was late July 2025. I'm just approaching it as a 2 year process. If I can get it wrapped up before then, bonus. 🤷‍♂️

Not a joke unfortunately… I submitted my application June of 2021 and had permit in hand November of 2022. LASD has a huge backlog of applications (and a law suit against them I believe for it). I think if you keep checking the portal, you may be able to snag a sooner one if people cancel. I applied before the portal/online process so just had to sit and wait for a call.

These insights and the information you all are sharing is valuable - much appreciated, thank you. I'm still quite new to all of this (firearms and the 2A community, in general). I went the FFL03 + COE route right as I was getting started after seeing all the positive feedback on Reddit - it was a good learning experience and the ammo benefits are nice from the get-go. Pursuing a CCW felt like the next logical step, and at least I can use the long lead time to my advantage by working to become more proficient and knowledgable. Silver linings, and all that stuff.

Definitely apply sooner than later. With the waits, you’ll have plenty of time to become proficient

Unfortunately they’re not far off. I applied June 2022 and picked up mid-March 2024….614 days after mailing my application. I applied just a day after the SCOTUS ruling and can only assume the backlog grew at an insane rate from that point on.

I got you beat. I applied July 2022 and 600+ days later.....JUST GOT PHONE INTERVIEW.

How do you guys know when they call you? I get a lot of random numbers calling me (robo calls, telemarketers, cold calls for random stuff), so I wonder if they tell you to save a specific number that they will call you from so you know who's calling. Would suck to miss an appointment set up thinking it was a spam call

My interview number showed up as a "Private Number".
Based on the CalGuns thread, seems as though they leave voice mails if you miss a call.

Have faith Brothers.

Here is my timeline. Total time: 1 year, 4 months, 21 days from start to finish for my CCW. (This was not a renewal)

06/26/22 - Dropped App to Lomita Sheriff Station.
06/28/22 - Money order cashed.
04/18/23 - Received a call to schedule an interview.
04/29/23 - Live Scan initiated
05/01/23 - CCW interview completed.
04/29/23 - FBI Background completed.
05/16/23 - CA Background completed.
05/23/23 - Firearms Background completed.
08/17/23 - Received Email to proceed to Training
08/18/23 - Emailed Training Docs to LASD
10/17/23 - Got THE call to schedule pick-up.
11/15/23 - Picked up my CCW License

These insights and the information you all are sharing is valuable - much appreciated, thank you. I'm still quite new to all of this (firearms and the 2A community, in general). I went the FFL03 + COE route right as I was getting started after seeing all the positive feedback on Reddit - it was a good learning experience and the ammo benefits are nice from the get-go. Pursuing a CCW felt like the next logical step, and at least I can use the long lead time to my advantage by working to become more proficient and knowledgable. Silver linings, and all that stuff.
Congratulations on getting your FFL03 + COE. There is nothing better than shopping for ammo online and getting it shipped to your home. My UPS guy probably hates me because of the shipments!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back