caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

CCW Santa Clara County CCW Thread

yatzooa

CAguns Supporter
Hey folks, starting a thread for folks curious about the Santa Clara Sheriffs Office CCW timeline. I'm still in the process of applying, so I'll most likely update this post as I progress.

06/08/23 - Submitted my application via scso.permitium portal. Appointment was scheduled for December 7th, 2023. Cost: $72.33
12/07/23 - CCW Interview Appointment. Came in, talked to a deputy (?). He went over my application packet and asked me some basic questions. Next step was wait for the psych eval (LEPS)
01/04/23 - Received the email to schedule the Law Enforcement Psych Eval (LEPS). Scheduled it for Feb 8th. Cost me $150 buckeroos
02/05/23 - Psych Eval day. This was just for answering the multiple choice questions. Took me maybe 2-3 hours? Had 4 different question sets to go through. Seemed like pretty basic screening for angry/crazy folk. Next step was for the actual interview (done remotely). Scheduled the remote interview for Feb 8th
02/08/24 - Remove Interview Appointment - Talked with a Psychologist and went over my Psych Eval answers from 02/05. Pretty straight forward interview.
02/14/24 - Received the email to complete my live scan. You can schedule your live scan with the sheriffs office OR with any business that is allowed to submit live scans. From my research, most UPS and postal office (non-USPS) will have these services. Be sure to call before heading there. I believe only specific people are allowed to submit the live scan, so they need to be present when you're there. I went to the postalAnnex+ off bernal ave in San Jose. You have to print the form/document that SCSCO sends you and bring it to the livescan. After you submit the livescan, keep a copy of it. Especially the ATI number. You can check the livescan status here on the DOJ website. The livescan consists of 3 parts: CA, FBI, Firearms.
02/22/24 - from the livescan status site, my final livescan check (firearms) completed on 02/22/24. From what I've heard, the state sends the results via snail mail to the sheriffs office, so waiting for the next steps takes a while. From an unrelated website (certifix livescan), they mentioned DOJ doesn't look into it unless its been over 30 days. I waited a month before I emailed the santa clara sheriffs office to ask them if there were updates from my live scan. Cost: $128 iirc
03/27/24 - From an email thread with santa Clara Sheriffs Office, they reach out to CADOJ asking about where my shit was 😡
04/02/24 - Received the email that my livescan results came back with no issues and that my CCW application was approved, contingent upon successful completion of training. Scheduled training with Saber Tactics. They're backed up to like a month out, but part of their course is online, which is nice since I can do that in the comfort of my home. After enrolling, the first step in the online course is to schedule your range day with them. I booked mine for May 11. CCW training cost $440 ish

Current cost: ~$790.33

Feel free to share your timeline and ask any questions!

What questions did the deputy ask? And the written psych eval took 3 hours? What questions did that ask?
From what I remember, the deputy just asked questions from my initial application and whether or not I've done anything illegal in my life. They also things like how often I drink, how much I drink, etc

Yeah the psych eval took a while. It was all multiple choice, so no written answers. But I spent extra time going back over my answers to make sure I didn't misread any questions. The general theme of the psych eval questions were behavioral, like what would you do if you someone cut you off on the road. I can't remember exact ones, but the hardest part was just reading the question correctly. Pretty much a reading comprehension test honestly

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce our company on this thread. We are one of the CCW vendors in this county and if you have any questions regarding training or qualifications, please feel free to send us a private message!
Saber is SB2 compliant and the 16 hours training is done online at your own pace. Highly recommended.

Wondering if anyone has applied for AND RECEIVED a CCW modification (to add or replace a listed firearm) in Santa Clara County? How long did it take from Permittium submission to pick up?

Wondering if anyone has applied for AND RECEIVED a CCW modification (to add or replace a listed firearm) in Santa Clara County? How long did it take from Permittium submission to pick up?
3/16 - Your CCW Modification Application Has Been Submitted
4/19 - Your CCW Modification Application Has Been Approved

Pick up was super quick just fingerprint and sign, no photo required at pickup.

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce our company on this thread. We are one of the CCW vendors in this county and if you have any questions regarding training or qualifications, please feel free to send us a private message!
Funny enough, I did my CCW training with Saber Tactics as well. Taking the online portion at home was great, since I could go at my own pace and take breaks as needed

The in person training and certification was pretty straight forward and there was a good amount of RSO's on range to watch and help folks. I would definitely recommend Saber Tactics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back