caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

CCW Los Angeles CCW (LASD ONLY)

I don't know exactly but I bet it was in November 2022. There were other calguns users with similar dates to my timeline and they said theirs was entered into the system in November 2022.
Looks like it, since I called on the 11th and they are currently working on applications that are entered in the system December of 2022.

I don't know exactly but I bet it was in November 2022. There were other calguns users with similar dates to my timeline and they said theirs was entered into the system in November 2022.
Yea, I would say November as well based on your interview.

You can call the unit and ask, but at this point Im not sure its worth it other than knowing your whole timeline.

Please keep us posted on the renewal. Mine is in about 6 months. Are you taking the renewal class before you submit the paperwork?

I probably personally will, as my dad’s renewal is before mine, so will just take a class with him

Applied in July 2022, phone interview in October 2023, received the go ahead for training in December (race against time during the holidays, I decided to take a class in January ‘24 despite SB2 changing the required hours), submitted firearms training (also applied for AZ/UT) in January, scheduled license pickup in April. UT license came in March, AZ came a few days ago after I picked up my CA license.

I did my training with TRB in Orange. Something I noticed was of the few that also applied to LASD, when they applied (all before August ‘22) versus when they received their go ahead were all different; from a few months to even a year but they all got the green light same time I did.

Applied in July 2022, phone interview in October 2023, received the go ahead for training in December (race against time during the holidays, I decided to take a class in January ‘24 despite SB2 changing the required hours), submitted firearms training (also applied for AZ/UT) in January, scheduled license pickup in April. UT license came in March, AZ came a few days ago after I picked up my CA license.

I did my training with TRB in Orange. Something I noticed was of the few that also applied to LASD, when they applied (all before August ‘22) versus when they received their go ahead were all different; from a few months to even a year but they all got the green light same time I did.

Dang, I would have rushed to get in while the training was still 8 hours! Not looking forward to having to do 8 hours for my renewal

Dang, I would have rushed to get in while the training was still 8 hours! Not looking forward to having to do 8 hours for my renewal
Agreed! It was just bad timing for me. But since I’m a new shooter, I figured having more time for practice and on the range would do me good. So ultimately no regrets!

I got you beat. I applied July 2022 and 600+ days later.....JUST GOT PHONE INTERVIEW.
I mailed my application to LASD in July 2022 also - and I also finally got the phone call just a couple of days ago (April 2024). Did the live scan and emailed the docs the next day. The deputy estimated about 6 weeks more for the "proceed to training" and about 6-8 weeks after that until the permit is ready to pick up.
Edit: By the way the interview was done over the phone, and it was just verifying what I put on the application.

Last edited:
For anyone that has schooled more recently and applied online through the portal, where do you make an account? Just on the LASD website?

Applied 8/2/22, live scan complete and still waiting for an interview…….
Don't you have to do the interview before going for the live scan? That's the way it went for me - there was specific info on the live scan form to be sure it went to the right place.

Don't you have to do the interview before going for the live scan? That's the way it went for me - there was specific info on the live scan form to be sure it went to the right place.
When the deputy called me to schedule my interview, he also emailed me an attachment stating things like completing the live scan BEFORE the interview. Yes, there was information on where the Live Scan results were to be sent. (The Live Scan place already knew where to send it because they asked what agency I was applying with.) There was also information on what to bring and where to park.

Attachments

• CCW Appointment instruction revised with map.pdf
    220.3 KB · Views: 3
I called the CCW unit and was told to go ahead and get it done and that it does not expire that was last year in November iirc. There use to be a section on the LASD CCW website that said if you applied before 8/01/2022 to get live scan completed before the interview… I applied 8/2/22 which is why I called to verify.

Got some not-so-great news. Apparently LASD CCW application processing has been "paused" due to litigation for long processing times.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/...-button-on-concealed-carry-approvals-n1224714

I'm right at the finish line as I'm sure alot of you are. Here's to hoping this news is inaccurate...

07/03/22 CCW Application Submitted
12/22/23 Called by Sheriff Deputy Pre-Interview
12/22/23 Live Scan Submitted
01/03/24 Live Scan Processed
01/12/24 Phone Interview
02/04/24 CCW Training Completed
03/18/24 Received Proceed to Training Notice
03/18/24 Submitted CCW Training Completion docs
03/25/24 CCW Unit confirmed receipt of training docs
TBD Called for pickup

Yeah, saw the news in a few places. Sounds like there’s a pause in the issuing of the licenses due to transitioning them to a standard format.

Interested to see if they’re still moving people forward who are earlier in the process. Had my interview on 3/28, still waiting for proceed to training.

Yeah, saw the news in a few places. Sounds like there’s a pause in the issuing of the licenses due to transitioning them to a standard format.

Interested to see if they’re still moving people forward who are earlier in the process. Had my interview on 3/28, still waiting for proceed to training.
LASD will accept training certificates up to 1 year from the date of the training.

Just came here to post that as well. Hopefully it really is just a few weeks. Do we know what the standardized card looks like? The current one is great

Got some not-so-great news. Apparently LASD CCW application processing has been "paused" due to litigation for long processing times.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/...-button-on-concealed-carry-approvals-n1224714

I'm right at the finish line as I'm sure alot of you are. Here's to hoping this news is inaccurate...

07/03/22 CCW Application Submitted
12/22/23 Called by Sheriff Deputy Pre-Interview
12/22/23 Live Scan Submitted
01/03/24 Live Scan Processed
01/12/24 Phone Interview
02/04/24 CCW Training Completed
03/18/24 Received Proceed to Training Notice
03/18/24 Submitted CCW Training Completion docs
03/25/24 CCW Unit confirmed receipt of training docs
TBD Called for pickup
Sounds like the article is right based on Kostas tweets, which is unfortunate.

For what its worth, someone is doing something over there at the CCW unit. I received an email from them today in regards to my training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back