caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Random Questions/Concerns

Nyghthawk

Great work so far. Not that I used the old forum at all.

• Fixing them faster than I can find them!

(Also just wanted to see my badges)
Who is the host?
I only ask because some hosts do not allow "Firearm/Ammunition" etc "sales", and certain talk/speech. While the marketplace can be grey area, you have to be careful with this.

EDIT: Noticed when in the "Forums" it has Classifieds > Forums > General Discussion > Site Feedback
With the root being Classifieds, but the root brings you back to the "Forums" Main page with still Classifieds there.
Reviews, Resources, What's new, Members, all have "Classifieds" as the main home button inside them. While classifieds does not.

• Still shows my activity in multiple places, even when this is unchecked in preferences: "Show your current activity This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing."
    • Still shows on main page with unchecked: Show your online status This will allow other people to see when you are online.
  • Any SEO work going in?
  • Feedback system for buying/selling/general, can 100% be abused without approval/oversight. Granted with just a few hundred users, could be minimally watched and edited from a mod standpoint, but larger, and with bots this might be extremely difficult.
  • Go to reviews section, click on a review, thread depth says "Forums > Reviews > Reviews"
  • Light Theme has
    • IKEO.NET logo.
    • missing apple-touch-icon
  • Blue Theme has
    • xenForo logo,
    • Missing FavIcon,
  • Shades of Grey theme
    • FavIcon different than Light Theme FavIcon.
  • Preferences, alerts/pushes. That is a LOT of check boxes, is it possible to have a "select all/deselect all"?
  • Each thread has its name and ## pended to the end of the thread, this can get out of hand once this grows, not sure if there is a way to hide/truncate this ## at the end of each post from the forum software or not.
  • Subset Text for each Main Thread does not always display (The short description). hit refresh, you can see the subset text, then it goes away. Clicking into the the thread/forum topic, you can see the subtext below it. (Not sure if intentional)

Last edited:
Great work so far. Not that I used the old forum at all.

Who is the host?
I only ask because some hosts do not allow "Firearm/Ammunition" etc "sales", and certain talk/speech. While the marketplace can be grey area, you have to be careful with this.

Any SEO work going in?

EDIT: Noticed when in the "Forums" it has Classifieds > Forums > General Discussion > Site Feedback
With the root being Classifieds, but the root brings you back to the "Forums" Main page with still Classifieds there.
Reviews, Resources, What's new, Members, all have "Classifieds" as the main home button inside them. While classifieds does not.

Light Theme has IKEO.NET logo. missing apple-touch-icon

Blue Theme has xenForo logo, Missing FavIcon, missing apple-touch-icon

Shades of Grey theme FavIcon different than Light Theme FavIcon.

(Also just wanted to see my badges)

I’m impressed that you found all those little bugs. Thanks for building the list. I’ve been gradually building things out and acquired some tech debt. I’ll fix them tomorrow.

I’m not going to name the host here feel free to message me. I think we’ll be good. I don’t think we’re big enough to be on anyone’s radar. By the time we are, we’ll be paying a decent amount with a representative.

I’m impressed that you found all those little bugs. Thanks for building the list. I’ve been gradually building things out and acquired some tech debt. I’ll fix them tomorrow.

I’m not going to name the host here feel free to message me. I think we’ll be good. I don’t think we’re big enough to be on anyone’s radar. By the time we are, we’ll be paying a decent amount with a representative.
No need to fix them right away. I was just making a list as I found them.

Also no need to mention the host, just wanted to make sure that was thought of/through. Because If I "think" what you said on reddit is true, and what I found, even though you use cloudflare, "could" potentially be a problem. I will message.

Still shows my activity in multiple places, even when this is unchecked in preferences: "Show your current activity This will allow other people to see what page you are currently viewing."
  • Still shows on main page with unchecked: Show your online status This will allow other people to see when you are online.
You can see your own, but you will not be able to see what others are doing if they have it selected. You will only see "Last seen: time" but not location.
  • Go to reviews section, click on a review, thread depth says "Forums > Reviews > Reviews"
Updated
Any SEO work going in?
Not right now. There's a lot I have to adjust. SEO is a beast in itself. I'm still working out the fundamentals.
Feedback system for buying/selling/general, can 100% be abused without approval/oversight. Granted with just a few hundred users, could be minimally watched and edited from a mod standpoint, but larger, and with bots this might be extremely difficult.
Try this again.

Preferences, alerts/pushes. That is a LOT of check boxes, is it possible to have a "select all/deselect all"?

The more I think about this. The more I think it's an aesthetic issue more than a functional issue.

Alert is for the little red notification on the bell. I'm afraid if we allow folks to deselect it, then there's another problem of folks not knowing of updates.

Push can be disabled for select all by disabling push notifications above the selection. For the most part if you don't interact with things, you won't get a notiication. It's verbose for things you create.

@RikersBeard had a duplicate post so I'll close the other one.
Each thread has its name and ## pended to the end of the thread, this can get out of hand once this grows, not sure if there is a way to hide/truncate this ## at the end of each post from the forum software or not.

This is by design from the creators. Hiding it is an aesthetic thing again. Looks like its necessary for some functionality.
Each thread has its name and ## pended to the end of the thread, this can get out of hand once this grows, not sure if there is a way to hide/truncate this ## at the end of each post from the forum software or not.
Truncated at the forum level. Not necessary at the thread level. the id serves as a unique id since thread names can be duplicates.

• Light Theme has
    • IKEO.NET logo.
  • Blue Theme has
    • xenForo logo,
    • Missing FavIcon,
  • Shades of Grey theme
    • FavIcon different than Light Theme FavIcon.
Fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back