caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Scammed again on Calguns

Parley27

Once again I’m a victim of being scammed on CG.
I did a FTF with the person on (4/10)we met and I seen the firearm and agreed to meet up at RMB enterprise in Milpitas the next day (4/11)I gave a $25 deposit through PayPal. Then the following day, I text him on my iPhone, the seller also has an iPhone. I proceed to text him. My messages then turned from blue to green and when I called it, was blocked. I swear man. All this for $25? And this person not only scammed me but other people as well.

The picture shown with all the highlighted names are all the people that have been scammed by this seller on CG. He was selling a Glock 21 with a Johnny Glock trigger and 5 magazines

Attachments

• IMG_4373.png
    IMG_4373.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4337.jpeg
    IMG_4337.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I know I should’ve known better. This happened twice to me. Before these 2 transactions, I was 3/3 on FTF meets on CG. Now I’ll just be more cautious and careful going forward

I’ve bought many guns from Calguns and have never provided a deposit or even been asked to give one. Should have been a red flag.
Context is everything. Asking for a deposit isn't necessarily a red flag. If I'm the seller and you have 0 feedback, 0 posts, I'm going to pass or require a deposit. I have little time to spare and won't risk being stood up, especially when I am always punctual and respectful of others' time.

In this case though, I too would recommend OP cease any further deposits.

lololol bro forget deposits, bought over a dozen guns on CGN. Why are you not doing an inspection and going to the FFL right then when you want to buy? who m I to talk though, I bought my third pistol sight unseen out of state on glocktalk...

I did a FTF with the person on (4/10)we met and I seen the firearm and agreed to meet up at RMB enterprise in Milpitas the next day (4/11)I gave a $25 deposit through PayPal. Then the following day, I text him on my iPhone, the seller also has an iPhone. I proceed to text him. My messages then turned from blue to green and when I called it, was blocked. I swear man. All this for $25? And this person not only scammed me but other people as well.

The picture shown with all the highlighted names are all the people that have been scammed by this seller on CG. He was selling a Glock 21 with a Johnny Glock trigger and 5 magazines

I just got scammed too, my first time buying and was scammed for $170...

hey

Hey Parley27, question for you… when you did the FTF did you actually saw the gun in the add? With the 5 magazines and the johnny glock trigger or the scammer show you just the gun by itself? Can you elaborate please.

Hey Parley27, question for you… when you did the FTF did you actually saw the gun in the add? With the 5 magazines and the johnny glock trigger or the scammer show you just the gun by itself? Can you elaborate please.
Yes, seen the firearm in person. We messaged back n forth thru email. Set up a place and time. After the meetup, Then the seller got an emergency call from someone saying his son was in the hospital. Maybe about 30-45 mins later I get a text from a google number from him saying that he would need a deposit because lots of people were interested, so after seeing the firearm in person and in good faith I sent $$.
Then after that, pooof into thin air never to be heard from again

Yes, seen the firearm in person. We messaged back n forth thru email. Set up a place and time. After the meetup, Then the seller got an emergency call from someone saying his son was in the hospital. Maybe about 30-45 mins later I get a text from a google number from him saying that he would need a deposit because lots of people were interested, so after seeing the firearm in person and in good faith I sent $$.
Then after that, pooof into thin air never to be heard from again
I understand you saw the firearm in person, what I’m asking is if you saw everything as in the photo? 5 magazines, the Johnny glock trigger bag with trigger inside, case,etc?

Are you for real? Do you remember the scammer username? Or how the person look? Name?
Yes sir no bs. Bro came with the whole setup.
I got his email address and a google number. He was mix for sure. Went by Alexander. Mustache and goatee combo. Maybe like 5’8 medium build.

Can you share his email address?
Let’s not do that. Plain and simple don’t send deposits for SOB stories. I have my own but dont expect sympathy. He shared the Google number.

The main points

Lose trust

* SOB story to change price
* change of plans last minute asking for deposit
* asking for deposit

All 🚩 signs you should walk away and say good luck until you’re ready to meet again FTF at the FFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back