• Hello Guest! Thanks for stopping by. The Classifieds section is where we have our listings

We've been getting a lot of people while Calguns recently so look around and post.

See how we're different from Calguns. CAguns.net Feature Matrix

* If you're new here, Read the New User Guide before you post. Afterwards Drop in a forum and say hi!

Competition Introduction Thread

yatzooa

Do we have any competition shooters in here? Where ya'll shooting out of and what're yall working with?

I'm shooting USPSA out of Northern California with Richmond Rod and Gun Club being my main practice and match range. I've owned guns for a while now, but I only got into USPSA in the last year or so and now I can't go back to static shooting because it's boring haha

I'm working with a cajunized Shadow 2 milled for an SRO. Still not that great at USPSA, but it's been fun journey so I'm not complaining

Hi, I'm new to the comp scene. I've only done 2 Steel Challenges at SWPL located at Gopher Flats in Sylmar, CA. Im planning on attending my first USPSA match on the 4/28 at the same location. I'm currently using a P320 XFive legion w/ 507 Comp.

Sylmar? That's in Southern California right? Man, I'm jealous of the competition shooting scene in Socal. My cousin in law shoots down there and within a 2 hour drive, he can shoot TWO USPSA matches every weekend (Sat at Prado Olympic National park and Sun at Pala). My home range only has USPSA matches once every month, since the other weekends are split between steel challenge and CCW matches.

How're you liking the 507 Comp? I've been considering trying out the 507 comp just to see how I like it compared to the SRO

Sylmar? That's in Southern California right? Man, I'm jealous of the competition shooting scene in Socal. My cousin in law shoots down there and within a 2 hour drive, he can shoot TWO USPSA matches every weekend (Sat at Prado Olympic National park and Sun at Pala). My home range only has USPSA matches once every month, since the other weekends are split between steel challenge and CCW matches.

How're you liking the 507 Comp? I've been considering trying out the 507 comp just to see how I like it compared to the SRO
Yeah, there's always matches every weekend. I'd attend more but im easing my way in.

The 507 comp is nice, especially for the money. The multi reticle is very useful for steel challenge, big window and plenty of brightness in the sun. Only downside is prolly the durability but at $300-350, i dont think any rds can compete. I do wanna try the cmore rts3 next.

Do we have any competition shooters in here? Where ya'll shooting out of and what're yall working with?

I'm shooting USPSA out of Northern California with Richmond Rod and Gun Club being my main practice and match range. I've owned guns for a while now, but I only got into USPSA in the last year or so and now I can't go back to static shooting because it's boring haha

I'm working with a cajunized Shadow 2 milled for an SRO. Still not that great at USPSA, but it's been fun journey so I'm not complaining
I’ve heard great things about the pistol courses at Richmond! I’d like to attend one with my wife later this year.

My brother sent me videos of his first match in SC and it got me looking. Lincoln, CA looks to be the closest range that hosts matches. Next week I’ll be filling out the application and hopefully make it to the May 4th USPSA match.

Will be shooting my primary carry gun (G19). I’m open for any suggestions/recommendations!

My brother sent me videos of his first match in SC and it got me looking. Lincoln, CA looks to be the closest range that hosts matches. Next week I’ll be filling out the application and hopefully make it to the May 4th USPSA match.

Will be shooting my primary carry gun (G19). I’m open for any suggestions/recommendations!
Have fun, stay safe, talk to people if you have questions. Shoot what you got and get ready for some fun!

Richmond guy here, Tac 5.0 with a 507comp.
How're you liking the 507 comp? All my range handguns have SROs, but the price point of the 507comp has piqued my interest. Although the biggest thing holding me back is that I'm not sure how I'd like the 2moa/8moa combination compared to the SRO's 5 MOA

I hope you have a blast! From my experience starting USPSA at the Richmond range, everyone is super helpful and friendly. If you let them know you're new to USPSA, folks will help and give you pointers as well. Does your local range have an intro to competition course/class? The richmond range required it and it was surprisingly informative. The class went over action course safety rules and gave a quick run down on how you prepare and shoot a course and basic etiquette etc

I hope you have a blast! From my experience starting USPSA at the Richmond range, everyone is super helpful and friendly. If you let them know you're new to USPSA, folks will help and give you pointers as well. Does your local range have an intro to competition course/class? The richmond range required it and it was surprisingly informative. The class went over action course safety rules and gave a quick run down on how you prepare and shoot a course and basic etiquette etc
Thanks man, I’m excited. They have a mandatory intro class I have to attend for the range and rules - I’m assuming they’ll go over the monthly comps too. Should learn more this week when I drop off this application.

I've been running Holosuns for a long time. In my experience you can get use to any reticle but you want something easy to use and will survive the rigor of USPSA. I think the multi reticle is a great and versatile option on a modern optic. At a daylight brightness you don't notice any gap between the dot and ring (2/8 MOA). If only shooting LO with one gun then either optic will serve you. If you want to standardize one optic across several platforms I think the 507comp is a solid choice.

I've been shooting comps out of California Tactical Academy in Piru (Socal) The group is Socal Practical Shooting. They usually have 2-3 outings per month. Great group of people. One of the best things is they also sell BBQ on a stick, makes for a perfect little snack as you move through the stages.

I'm working with a CZ Shadow 2 with a SRO. (so cliche, I know!)

Another Richmond guy here. I compete and teach out of Richmond - currently a Master in both Production and Carry Optics, shooting a CZ Shadow 2 with SRO.

Anyone teaching USPSA or IDPA in the Central Valley/NorCal? I’m looking to get my oldest son into shooting pistol. He currently competes in a youth shotgun league but has mentioned interest in pistol competitions.

Back