Switching from p365 to HK P2000SK v3

Easye240

CAguns Supporter
I just started jail on a P2000SK at Turner's (I know.... but they are having a sale that even my garage FFL guy said he couldn't beat, and he beats everything). I am switching from the p365 and sacrificing a little size for that long, heavy DA first pull on the SA/DA HK (Specifically did not want the LEM version for that one reason). I have had this constant nagging feeling with the striker fire sig pointed at my junk all day after watching some hit pieces on youtube regarding sig...., and coincidentally we sold some furniture to a random guy yesterday, and he is on his 8th year as a marine corps armorer... We got to talking and he said he's never seen so many ND reports coming through since they started using the M18, and that sig is nothing but dodgy when responding and always blaming something else, even the "ammo".

Has anyone made a similar swap for that safety reason? How did it work out ? I'm testing the waters on selling the 365 but might hold onto it.

The military is filled with people who have never fired or handled a gun, things are going to happen, and it’s a new system so instructors haven’t had a lot of time to figure out what most people do wrong.

I had troops using the M16 firing pin to clean the flash suppressor and other high carbon areas. Something I would have never have dreamed of, but there you go, something I had to specifically tell people not to do. I watched another person take a squirt bottle of CLP and dump it down the barrel right before they started firing, I’ve no idea why, but another don’t do I had to experience.

Keep your 365 and the P2000, shoot them both for awhile and then decide.

We got to talking and he said he's never seen so many ND reports coming through since they started using the M18, and that sig is nothing but dodgy when responding and always blaming something else, even the "ammo".
The P365 doesn't have the same issue as the P320. I'd say keep the P365. The P320 in my suspicion is more of a tolerance issue. Its possible to fire out of battery but not consistent enough to warrant a mass recall. P365 should have no issues. Same with the P320. It would be a lot better if they added the glock style safety to it though to eliminate the problem all together.

I just started jail on a P2000SK at Turner's (I know.... but they are having a sale that even my garage FFL guy said he couldn't beat, and he beats everything). I am switching from the p365 and sacrificing a little size for that long, heavy DA first pull on the SA/DA HK (Specifically did not want the LEM version for that one reason). I have had this constant nagging feeling with the striker fire sig pointed at my junk all day after watching some hit pieces on youtube regarding sig...., and coincidentally we sold some furniture to a random guy yesterday, and he is on his 8th year as a marine corps armorer... We got to talking and he said he's never seen so many ND reports coming through since they started using the M18, and that sig is nothing but dodgy when responding and always blaming something else, even the "ammo".

Has anyone made a similar swap for that safety reason? How did it work out ? I'm testing the waters on selling the 365 but might hold onto it.
The P365 does not have the same issues that plague the P320. The P320 is notorious for out of battery discharges and I have seen it first hand. Keep the 365 and feed that sucker some freedom seeds!

The P365 does not have the same issues that plague the P320. The P320 is notorious for out of battery discharges and I have seen it first hand. Keep the 365 and feed that sucker some freedom seeds!
You should give the LEM trigger a try, it really is the best of both worlds.
@Vurtne - lol!

@12iceman - Planning on it eventually, but mostly because before this concept of switching from the sig even came up, I've had my eye on the p30sk but haven't found one at a decent price from anyone within driving range yet.

I ended up just getting a P2000SK in LEM considering the difficulty of finding a P30SK in California
I think that you made a good choice. The LEM/V2 trigger is better than the V3, IMO, and I think the P2000SK is nice to CCW than the P30SK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back