Storage ideas

steves86ta

Hi All,

Im semi limited on space as I use my garage for my reloading room. My workbench is drilled and tapped for my press mounts and i move presses on an as needed basis. The rest of the garage is used up with kids stuff, my work office is in here, and just general things i work on/do.

I'm looking for ideas on how you guys store your brass/shells. I have a steel cabinet that i use for all my components (primers, powder, projectiles) and that's great. However since I started shooting a lot more (USPSA and steel challenge) i find my self storing a lot more brass as I'm loading for up to 3 shooters. Just started loading shotshells as well and now im trying to store those too.

Currently im using some 5 gallon food buckets for the 9, 45 and 308 brass i load in bulk. But they are honestly kind of in the way and not really great. Now that im doing shotshells as well, trying to store those seperated by type im kinda stuggling for ideas to store them, shot, and wads.

Just curious what you guys use?

I prefer the clear plastic tubs. I have them in 2 sizes ; 17 qt for brass and 29 qt for hulls. They make them smaller too if you have an odd caliber that you don't keep 1000s of.

They are easily marked with what is in them and also you can see if they are full or partial if you are looking to add or take from.

The ones I use are form Lowes and under the "Project Source" brand

My workbench is drilled and tapped for my press mounts and i move presses on an as needed basis. The rest of the garage is used up with kids stuff,
I store 9mm brass in 5 gallon buckets outside in a shed until they're ready to process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back