• Hello Guest! Thanks for stopping by. The Classifieds section is where we have our listings

We've been getting a lot of people while Calguns recently so look around and post.

See how we're different from Calguns. CAguns.net Feature Matrix

* If you're new here, Read the New User Guide before you post. Afterwards Drop in a forum and say hi!

Precision Rifle Classes in San Luis Obispo!

Nice! What kind of distances are you shooting and what's the expected level of skill going in? I've been shooting for 20 years but never really anything past 300-400yds
We do a good bit of external ballistics overview first, we talk about some of the terms and meanings behind this all, we talk about how our scopes actually work, and when we hit the range we'll confirm zero on our guns and typically jump straight to 500 yards, and the range is currently set up for a maximum of 950yds

We do a good bit of external ballistics overview first, we talk about some of the terms and meanings behind this all, we talk about how our scopes actually work, and when we hit the range we'll confirm zero on our guns and typically jump straight to 500 yards, and the range is currently set up for a maximum of 950yds
I mean that sounds awesome. Do you think I'd do ok with a Sig Cross in 6.5CM? I know it's not a real PRS gun , but I'd love to have someone teach me instead of trying to figure this shit out on my own haha

I mean that sounds awesome. Do you think I'd do ok with a Sig Cross in 6.5CM? I know it's not a real PRS gun , but I'd love to have someone teach me instead of trying to figure this shit out on my own haha
I'll tell you that I've had much worse setups show up for class in the past couple years. You'll probably be the first Cross I've had, but bring it out!

Definitely interested in doing this potentially in the future... I unfortunately cannot make the 18-19 session.
Would you accept a participant with a M82A1 in .416 Barrett?
I'm normally a 1-6 LPVO or red dots on ARs guy - but had the opportunity to acquire the Barrett and I'd love to learn how to take it out a bit further than 100 yds. :LOL:

Definitely interested in doing this potentially in the future... I unfortunately cannot make the 18-19 session.
Would you accept a participant with a M82A1 in .416 Barrett?
I'm normally a 1-6 LPVO or red dots on ARs guy - but had the opportunity to acquire the Barrett and I'd love to learn how to take it out a bit further than 100 yds. :LOL:
So the short answer is: no. The long answer is that trying to teach someone the basic fundamentals of long range shooting with a .416 is a bit like teaching someone how to drive in an F1 car. The learning curve is extremely expensive, steep, and time consuming. The other part of the long answer is that the M82 is not an accurate rifle platform, and honestly only exists in calibers like .416 for people in CA to have one to say they have one. Now I'm not going to shit on your decision to buy one, I'm glad that you have the means to go out and grab what's arguably an iconic and very cool rifle, however it's the wrong tool for this job and you really should start with something more accurate, manageable, and cost effective

So the short answer is: no. The long answer is that trying to teach someone the basic fundamentals of long range shooting with a .416 is a bit like teaching someone how to drive in an F1 car. The learning curve is extremely expensive, steep, and time consuming. The other part of the long answer is that the M82 is not an accurate rifle platform, and honestly only exists in calibers like .416 for people in CA to have one to say they have one. Now I'm not going to shit on your decision to buy one, I'm glad that you have the means to go out and grab what's arguably an iconic and very cool rifle, however it's the wrong tool for this job and you really should start with something more accurate, manageable, and cost effective
That makes perfect sense - I will hit you up at some point in the future with a more appropriate setup. Thanks for your reply!

Back