caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

What will you buy before 11% comes?

I ordered a Platypus last month, but I doubt it will make it here for delivery before the 11% increase. My fault I was late to the game. They’ll get me for another $250

I'm not sure where to post this, but my scenario is that I won't be able to DROS again until June 24 meaning I won't be able to pick up until July 3. Does this mean I get my squeezed another 11%
Good question, you pay your fee's before July 1st so I'd assume that you won't get hit with the tax. You're only picking up.

From everything FFLs have told me is that your firearm must be picked up before July 1st to avoid the 11% tax. I thought I’d avoid it as well by paying for everything last month, but apparently the law was written as any firearm transaction taking place after July 1, 2024 will be charged the 11%. DROS is part of the transaction, therefore you’re charged. BS I know, but I tried fighting the battle with 2 different FFLs

It's insane to think about how much time effort and money CA has put into the implementation of this just for it to get overturned in the courts. I don't expect it to last long but I usually buy multiple guns at a time anyways, so I'm just planning on buying my next batch mid June and then my next one in September. Still want to get a ts12, maybe a P-01, definitely a hellcat, the new M&p9 compact looks nice, but I want to feel it in hand. I'll just have to see what strikes my fancy next month.

I’m not really in the market for anything but my wife has expressed an interest in upland hunting and clay shooting with me. I don’t want to spend a large amount on a shotgun if she doesn’t take to it so my thoughts are on a CZ Drake Southpaw since she’s a lefty. My local sporting clays course rents the CZ Drake out and they seem to hold up to a lot of use and abuse.

I'm not sure where to post this, but my scenario is that I won't be able to DROS again until June 24 meaning I won't be able to pick up until July 3. Does this mean I get my squeezed another 11%
I confirmed this with several FFLs. The 11% gets assessed upon delivery, in other words when you complete the final DROS paperwork after 10 days, as 9mmContagion stated. So sadly the answer to your question is yes. I have several guns on order that I'm hoping will arrive by mid-June but I don't know if they will.

Now if you were to get a FFL03+COE before then, you would avoid the 1 in 30 and can buy as many guns as you can get your hands on prior to June 20, as well as have ammo delivered to your door. I'm working on one as I write this.

Last edited:
They cannot tax a constitutional right, they KNOW this and thats why they never did it. Now with some losses and supreme court decisions coming they are throwing anything they can without caring whether its constitutional or not. It is just plain EVIL. Could take years to over turn though!

Would love to pick up a Henry Big Boy with a side loading gate. Definitely the 357, not sure which style yet. Been wanting a cowboy gun and seems like it'd be good to spend that $1000+ before the new tax.
I like your taste

Users who are viewing this thread

Back