caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

How To: How to use the Updated Classified Section!

doser

Staff member
CAguns Supporter
Calguns Verified
The classified section was updated along with our data stores, with this come some changes in how you use the search. If you are logged in, you have the option to change listing views.

From our analytics data, 80% of you are on mobile, 20% on desktop or other. So starting off with search via categories will start to limit what gets displayed.

If you like textual listings like how CG was head back to the forums and scroll through the marketplace listings to scan titles. This section is optimized for search

Step 1. Select Categories to start filtering.

IMG_2268.jpeg

Step 2. Use the Filters. Since we’re small the filters will update automatically once selected. This may change.

IMG_2266.jpeg

Already a great classifieds section Doser, thank you

One thing that may be looked at is the price filtering when inputting an amount (min/max). When I select the box, the “0” value remains and doesn’t disappear when I input a number, but rather it remains static and becomes part of the inputted amount.

I did a screen recording, but I’m unsure how to upload/attach it here. Imgur maybe?

Already a great classifieds section Doser, thank you

One thing that may be looked at is the price filtering when inputting an amount (min/max). When I select the box, the “0” value remains and doesn’t disappear when I input a number, but rather it remains static and becomes part of the inputted amount.

I did a screen recording, but I’m unsure how to upload/attach it here. Imgur maybe?
You have you select and remove the 0 or add onto it. 0 is the default. YouTube unlisted or Imgur works for video. I don’t allow video uploads for $$ reasons. That adds up quick

Here we go
Yes, that's correct. You'd like it so that the 0 automatically goes away? Seems like the work around for now is to use round numbers. ie: 20,30,40,50 or do as you did and replace the 0. I'll take a look at that but that's not too bad. The problem with automatically taking out the 0, it'll automatically refresh. There has to be a field to replace since it does an ajax call for instant updates.

I see, yeah I noticed that it refreshes automatically as you adjust the filter choices. Just thought I’d point it out as it’s may be a creature comfort thing for the users, especially mobile users. Not a major thing, but a simple feedback on the details. Thank you Doser for the ear!

I see, yeah I noticed that it refreshes automatically as you adjust the filter choices. Just thought I’d point it out as it’s may be a creature comfort thing for the users, especially mobile users. Not a major thing, but a simple feedback on the details. Thank you Doser for the ear!
Yeah. This is one of those things. If i disable it you have to scroll down and hit Filter every time so that's the trade off. I appreciate you taking the time to test it out. Ultimately, we'll let the community decide when it comes time. The capability is there which was the hard part. I'll keep an eye on usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back