caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

How To: Create a listing on CAguns.net - Best Practices

Did you find this helpful?

• Yep, this was helpful

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, Instructions not clear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - comment below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ikeo1

Administrator
Staff member

Hello! Welcome to CAguns.net.​

In this article, we'll go through the best practices for listing an item here in our Classifieds sections. By following these best practices, the experience will be better for all the visitors and also create consistency in our listings.

• Step 1. Navigate to the Classifieds section. Do NOT create a listing in the forum.​

• Once common difference is we're not like Calguns. Our Classified system is a space in itself.
    • Here once you create a listing, a thread in the forum will be created so people can discuss.

• Step 2. Create a Listing​

• Click Post Ad in the top right corner.
    • Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11.19.55 AM.png
      • You'll notice the little boxes. This is a members only feature that allows users to change the display type, from list, grid, or tile views.
      • Disclaimer: This may change as the site grows.
  • Step 3. Choose your Category​

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11.18.24 AM.png
  • Step 4. Create your listing.​

• This is fairly straight forward so I'll highlight the important parts.
    • Title - Location: This means to put the title - city or location you are making this offering
      • eg. Mantis X-10 - Richmond
      • Title = What you are Selling
      • Location = City
      • This makes it easy for people to read..
      • Choosing WTS - automatically adds the prefix
    • Example:
  • Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 9.21.27 PM.png
    • Images - Use landscape format (Horizontal) 16x9 aspect ration for best results.
  • Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11.22.34 AM.png

• Other relevant info​

• Now that you've created your listing. You'll see some tools that you can use.
      • Bump - allowed once per day. This will be changed as the sites gains more traction.
        • Press the button, no need to make a post
      • Add Faq for other MISC questions
      • Close - The listing is no longer available.
      • Mark Sold - The system will list the item as sold and change the item type.
      • Add Transaction is not really necessary but good if you're mailing something and want to be very thorough.
    • Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11.29.08 AM.png

• A discussion thread will automatically be created on the forum side for people to navigate to. People can discuss the item freely, but please report any comments regarding price. We only want the discussion to be about the item listed.

Thanks for getting this far! Let me know what you think in the comments below!​

Doing these small things, will make it significantly easier for people looking for your things to find.

Last edited:
Thank you for breaking it down. Helped.
Great Job Reaction GIF

Do you creat a new posting for every pistol or put them all in one listing?
There is a limit of 3 listings. You can put them all into one or one in each. If you become a supporter you can have 10 individual listings

If it's 3 listings and 1 image each, can I do 1 listing with 3 images?
It’s 1-3* on each listing. It’s 3 right now but if we get a large influx of people I may need to reduce it for the free tier.

There will always be one image required per listing.

As of now, it’s 3 listings * 3 images = 9 images total.

Disclaimer: If I get 4k people that sign up that might change. If you already have a listing up, it won’t have any affect on existing listings. It’s the only way I can throttle my costs. It all depends on whether or not I have sponsors or not.

Subscriptions get 10 listings x 5 images and 1 featured listing and will not be impacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back