caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

What will you buy before 11% comes?

DDM4556

CAguns Supporter
Calguns Verified
With the new "CA hates law-abiding citizens tax" tax right around the corner, what are you buying before the deadline? I don't "need" anything, but the want list never ends. What's on yours?

Multiple firearms. Looking for a nice shotgun to go skeet/trap shooting with, probably a Beretta 1301 or Remington Semi-Auto.
For pistols, I'm after a couple Glocks, Sigs, Springfields, and the Beretta 92FS railed (M9A1).

I just picked up a couple myself. That’s pretty much it for the year. If anything I’ll be selling. Do you guys know if it applies to PPT?

a Glock 20, a Ruger Mark IV, and a CZ P01. I can get more (I have a FFL03) but this hobby is crazy expensive. lol!!

PPTs should not be subject to this as there is no "purchase". Only thing affecting PPT is the 1-in-30 which is likely to go into effect starting 1/1/2025.

Personally, I'd really like to get the new Browning X-Bolt 2 Speed Carbon in 6.5 and a Henry All Weather in 30-30. but it all depends on finances and availability. Of course a new model Ruger Mini-14 and Mini-30 would be nice as well.

I just picked up a couple myself. That’s pretty much it for the year. If anything I’ll be selling. Do you guys know if it applies to PPT?
No, it wont apply to PPTs. I'm not sure how consignments would work though regarding the 11%

Would love to pick up a Henry Big Boy with a side loading gate. Definitely the 357, not sure which style yet. Been wanting a cowboy gun and seems like it'd be good to spend that $1000+ before the new tax.

Hoping to find a 1301 Tactical Mod 2 and Marlin 1894 since I'm doubting I'll be able to find those PPT in the timeframe between now and July.
But also maybe AES10B?

I’ve recently bought a MR556 and now with the tax coming, I ended up buying it’s bigger brother MR762… I paid way too much for it but since all the gun store and distributors I’ve talked to said it’s been delisted… ended up paying a premium. No regrets! This hobby is expensive indeed.

Hoping to find a 1301 Tactical Mod 2 and Marlin 1894 since I'm doubting I'll be able to find those PPT in the timeframe between now and July.
But also maybe AES10B?
Finding a used 1301 seems nearly impossible. They’ve upped the prices on the 1301 so high that I think I’ll stick with my basic 590.

Finding a used 1301 seems nearly impossible. They’ve upped the prices on the 1301 so high that I think I’ll stick with my basic 590.
I'm seeing them pop up occasionally but all of those have been in Socal so far

Well so far this year, I've picked up

- SA 1911 TRP
- Sig p365
- IWI Tavor TS 12
- CZ P01

All except the p01 have been bought locally. I did find the CZ on gunbroker randomly after searching daily. It was listed and I bought it within the hour.

I am on the hunt for a compact 45 as a possible carry option. I'm open to any options. So far the frontrunner is 3" kimber ultra cdp 2. I guess the other two options is a kahr p45 or glock 30 unless I'm missing something else in the compact 45 category.

a lot more 9mm, just sold my Atlas Athena a few months back and bought 20k rounds with what I got for it. But I seem to be going through more and more 9mm every year especially since getting into USPSA.

I'm not sure where to post this, but my scenario is that I won't be able to DROS again until June 24 meaning I won't be able to pick up until July 3. Does this mean I get my squeezed another 11%

I'm not sure where to post this, but my scenario is that I won't be able to DROS again until June 24 meaning I won't be able to pick up until July 3. Does this mean I get my squeezed another 11%
Good question, you pay your fee's before July 1st so I'd assume that you won't get hit with the tax. You're only picking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back