caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Henry mares leg 22lr

Rogerdodger

Anyone know an FFl who can get a henry mares leg 22lr? Ive tried a few FFLs and said unable due to it being classified as off roster but i saw Burbank guns direct have them brand new. Dont want to support that ffl due to recent experience.

Hmm, I don't think they can be sold by an FFL in California. They are a pistol, not a rifle. Therefore they have to be on the roster, and they are not. The usual rimfire exception does not apply, because that one is for revolvers, and this thing is not a revolver.

It is possible that an FFL has them in stock, for sale to law enforcement.

Isn't 2AZone the store that does single-shot conversions? Because every handgun (pistol, revolver, ...) has to be on the roster in California, except:
  • Single action revolvers, which this isn't (no rotating cylinder)
  • Single-shot pistols, which this isn't (has a tubular magazine and can fire multiple shots)
  • Olympic pistols, which have their own list (no lever action has ever been used as an olympic pistol)
So it could be that the gun is converted to single-shot (for example by blocking the magazine or disabling the reload mechanism), sold as a single shot, and then converted back by the owner. That trick was popular for semi-auto pistols, and the legislature closed that loophole.

Isn't 2AZone the store that does single-shot conversions? Because every handgun (pistol, revolver, ...) has to be on the roster in California, except:
  • Single action revolvers, which this isn't (no rotating cylinder)
  • Single-shot pistols, which this isn't (has a tubular magazine and can fire multiple shots)
  • Olympic pistols, which have their own list (no lever action has ever been used as an olympic pistol)
So it could be that the gun is converted to single-shot (for example by blocking the magazine or disabling the reload mechanism), sold as a single shot, and then converted back by the owner. That trick was popular for semi-auto pistols, and the legislature closed that loophole.
I have no idea but i do know only those 2 shops said they can sell it new
Ammo bros is looking into it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back