Henry mares leg 22lr

Rogerdodger

Anyone know an FFl who can get a henry mares leg 22lr? Ive tried a few FFLs and said unable due to it being classified as off roster but i saw Burbank guns direct have them brand new. Dont want to support that ffl due to recent experience.

Hmm, I don't think they can be sold by an FFL in California. They are a pistol, not a rifle. Therefore they have to be on the roster, and they are not. The usual rimfire exception does not apply, because that one is for revolvers, and this thing is not a revolver.

It is possible that an FFL has them in stock, for sale to law enforcement.

Isn't 2AZone the store that does single-shot conversions? Because every handgun (pistol, revolver, ...) has to be on the roster in California, except:
  • Single action revolvers, which this isn't (no rotating cylinder)
  • Single-shot pistols, which this isn't (has a tubular magazine and can fire multiple shots)
  • Olympic pistols, which have their own list (no lever action has ever been used as an olympic pistol)
So it could be that the gun is converted to single-shot (for example by blocking the magazine or disabling the reload mechanism), sold as a single shot, and then converted back by the owner. That trick was popular for semi-auto pistols, and the legislature closed that loophole.

Isn't 2AZone the store that does single-shot conversions? Because every handgun (pistol, revolver, ...) has to be on the roster in California, except:
  • Single action revolvers, which this isn't (no rotating cylinder)
  • Single-shot pistols, which this isn't (has a tubular magazine and can fire multiple shots)
  • Olympic pistols, which have their own list (no lever action has ever been used as an olympic pistol)
So it could be that the gun is converted to single-shot (for example by blocking the magazine or disabling the reload mechanism), sold as a single shot, and then converted back by the owner. That trick was popular for semi-auto pistols, and the legislature closed that loophole.
I have no idea but i do know only those 2 shops said they can sell it new
Ammo bros is looking into it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back