caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Competition Introduction Thread

Anyone teaching USPSA or IDPA in the Central Valley/NorCal? I’m looking to get my oldest son into shooting pistol. He currently competes in a youth shotgun league but has mentioned interest in pistol competitions.
I've tried to make my pistol classes application agnostic - they teach how to shoot both quickly and accurately. But they are geared towards preparing someone to compete in USPSA/IDPA. We have a Performance Pistol 1 class coming up next Saturday, May 4th (it's listed in the Events section of this forum).

I've tried to make my pistol classes application agnostic - they teach how to shoot both quickly and accurately. But they are geared towards preparing someone to compete in USPSA/IDPA. We have a Performance Pistol 1 class coming up next Saturday, May 4th (it's listed in the Events section of this forum).
I've taken all 3 of @T3 Pros classes. He was the first "coach/class" I had in USPSA style shooting. His classed helped me to unlock sub-second draws. Now I can do them pretty much on demand at 7 yards ~.8s consistently with a cheater holster.

He's helped me a bit to become gooder & shoot sooner. Both videos are from his class.

Also, teaches some really functional drills like the Accelerator Drill.

Thank you, unfortunately we won’t be able to make the 4 May class, my son has a shotgun competition that day. I’ll keep an eye on your calendar for future events. I’ll probably sign up both of my boys and myself.

Anyone teaching USPSA or IDPA in the Central Valley/NorCal? I’m looking to get my oldest son into shooting pistol. He currently competes in a youth shotgun league but has mentioned interest in pistol competitions.
What part of Central Valley? Central valley is Bakersfield to Redding.

Try NCPS match every 4th Sunday at SacValley Sacramento they have a good setup up 5 long and high round count stages and 1 classifier.

Try NCPS match every 4th Sunday at SacValley Sacramento they have a good setup up 5 long and high round count stages and 1 classifier.
I did a cursory search and it looks like you have to be sponsored/recommended by a current member and you must already have shooting experience which my son doesn’t have. I may just look for IDPA events, IDPA seems easier for new people to get into.

I did a cursory search and it looks like you have to be sponsored/recommended by a current member and you must already have shooting experience which my son doesn’t have. I may just look for IDPA events, IDPA seems easier for new people to get into.
You do not have to be sponsored to attend a match, that is a requirement to become a member of the NCPS club. For most ranges in NorCal, you need to have some prerequisite experience to action pistol or taken an orientation to action pistol. If you would like to attend Sac Valley matches please refer to the link below to take the action pistol orientation. Once you have completed this, you will be able to shoot USPSA, IDPA, and even Steel Challenge.

Ron Sechler and Carlos Katalbas are great people to work with and enjoy growing the sport.

EDIT:

Just saw that you're located near Stockton. Please take a look at Linden Gun Range. The club that operates out of there is Linden Competitive Shooting Club and they hold matches and practice days. They are a premier club that hosts great classes and put on high-level matches.

Reach out to Mike Atwood @ [email protected] for more information.

Last edited:
You do not have to be sponsored to attend a match, that is a requirement to become a member of the NCPS club. For most ranges in NorCal, you need to have some prerequisite experience to action pistol or taken an orientation to action pistol. If you would like to attend Sac Valley matches please refer to the link below to take the action pistol orientation. Once you have completed this, you will be able to shoot USPSA, IDPA, and even Steel Challenge.

Ron Sechler and Carlos Katalbas are great people to work with and enjoy growing the sport.

EDIT:

Just saw that you're located near Stockton. Please take a look at Linden Gun Range. The club that operates out of there is Linden Competitive Shooting Club and they hold matches and practice days. They are a premier club that hosts great classes and put on high-level matches.

Reach out to Mike Atwood @ [email protected] for more information.
Linden looks perfect, I’ll look into it.

Im hoping to start competing out of Concord this summer, I just need to take their orientation class. I debated jumping in at Richmond since I’ve heard it’s a great group but concord is significantly closer to where i am at

Im hoping to start competing out of Concord this summer, I just need to take their orientation class. I debated jumping in at Richmond since I’ve heard it’s a great group but concord is significantly closer to where i am at
I don't have experience with Concord clubs/matches, but Richmond Hot Shots is one of the best clubs in Northern California and IMO the best in the Bay Area. Their matches are very high quality and they host some of the best instructors in the country to teach at their range. Never heard anyone have regrets or bad experiences at Richmond.

If you go to Richmond and do the safety class. Let us know, perhaps we can do a meetup/squad kinda thing if possible. The only thing that's tough about Richmond is that matches fill up fast.

BTW, you can always do DAP they're pretty good too.. Diablo Action Pistol has some cool guys there and fast stages. I highly recommend there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back