Pics Smith & Wesson Photo Thread

RikersBeard

I'll start off with this hand cannon.

S&W Model 629-1 .44 Magnum (pre-lock). This was my later father's gun. As far as I can tell it was manufactured between 1982 and 1986. It is and is not fun to shoot. :D

PUg8Xl3.jpg

aKmEHz1.jpg

NkWfmkN.jpg

Nice blaster! I had to change the thread name to give them proper respect. My first 🔫 was a Smith & Wesson.

Warning: Dirty joke below.

Many guys buy really large guns to compensate for their rather small ... you get the idea. Using that logic, I bought the smallest S&W there is. Here is a model 337. It weighs less than 12 ounces unloaded (the frame is an aluminum-scandium alloy, the cylinder is titanium, the only steel is a thin inner lining of the barrel). It fits into a tiny holster, and holds five 38SP+P rounds.

img_1251.crop.jpg

In this bad picture, it is equipped with a laser sight grip, which is sort of dumb; I usually have the original wooden grip on it. It is also quite unpleasant to shoot with full-power rounds, after a few dozen rounds I have blood blisters on the palm. And aiming it at distances larger than 7 yards is darn near impossible.

There are two guns I'm wanting to buy. One is the model 360 scandium, which is roughly the same gun but set up for 357Mag. I've borrowed one at the range once, and it isn't unpleasant to shoot, it is torture. The 360MP (the black alloy+titanium version) isn't hard to find in California. The other one I'd love to own is the 337-3 or 337-4 Ti "kit gun". It is the same as my 337, except in silver color (not painted black), and with a 3" barrel. It has never been on the roster, but was only made after the roster came into force, so they are exceedingly rare in California. Not that there are many in the other 49 states either.

640/1 PRO series…. with no barrel rifling/unfinished barrel…. Smith & Wesson messing up… (my pics but not my wheely)

Attachments

• IMG_2862.jpeg
    IMG_2862.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2861.jpeg
    IMG_2861.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 8
640/1 PRO series…. with no barrel rifling/unfinished barrel…. Smith & Wesson messing up… (my pics but not my wheely)
That would be perfect for firing shot shells, without imparting a spin on the load. Might give better patterns.
<- Joke alert: shot shells from short-barreled pistols have such an awful pattern that improving it is pointless.

That would be perfect for firing shot shells, without imparting a spin on the load. Might give better patterns.
<- Joke alert: shot shells from short-barreled pistols have such an awful pattern that improving it is pointless.
That would be crazy! lol Luckily It was caught before DROS started

Actually, that thing might be completely illegal in the state of California: Given that it has a smooth bore, it is a shotgun. Given that the barrel length is less than 18" and the OAL is less than 26", it is a highly illegal short-barreled sawed-off shotgun. I'm probably not being serious, given that a broken gun that is intended to be repaired is not illegal (for example multiple rounds fired with one trigger pull on an AR because the disconnector is stuck), but it's dangerously close.

That reminds me, I need to post a picture of my barely-legal shotgun.

Love my S&Ws...Have a Herd of 3rd Gens...been on them since they "invented" them. Not Plastic Striker.

1998 CS9
2000 CS40
1998 CS45

Attachments

• S&W The Chiefs L-A.png
    S&W The Chiefs L-A.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
  • S&W The Chiefs R.JPG
    S&W The Chiefs R.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 2
1715016208285.png

New M&P 2.0 (CA roster version) with a few added goodies: new slide, EPS, Sig Foxtrot 2R, and some Howie's pro grip hockey tape on the grip, love the M&P grip but it's a little rough for appendix carry. Removed the magazine disconnect and will probably remove the manual safety after I've added it to my CCW. It's OK for my County but my CCW cert class doesn't allow any mods to safety mechanisms. LOVE this gun. My new favorite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back