caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

New Member Intros!

Hello! Welcome to the board! Feel free to let us know how you found us and what you’re interested in? Locations are cool maybe a home range?

I mainly shoot USPSA after some time taking some Tactical classes like CQB but found training was cheaper.

Favorite YouTube channels?
Tom Castro shooting Academy
Ben Stoeger
Hwansik Kim
Christian Sailer
Tactical Considerations

Current Stable:
Canik
Sig
Glock

Refereed by a liberal gun club chapter, is this a safe place for trans ppl?
Where I’m from, they’re called lady boys and long been part of society, so yes. Consider this place an internet range. Everybody is welcome, but leave politics at the door. We have a ZERO tolerance policy. Only 2A politics allowed.

Welcome! Enjoy your time here.

I, for one, sure hope it is.

New user here too, reddit, bay area, south bay. Only been a gun owner for a few years... Buuuut kinda doubled down on it hard and now I'm stuck in it.

CZ. And building my own AKs because most companies mess them up. And surplus mostly in the form of parts kits. I'll build them all some day... And reloading all my main calibers.

FFL03+COE; everyone should get it. Wish I could get an FFL07 but town law makes it nearly impossible both financially and socially. Had plans to do some CNC projects but recent laws changed all that.

I cycle through ranges near San Jose depending on when I find free time. New kid has also changed all that too.

I will not be in CA much longer. It's been fun, but I miss being surrounded by dense forests.

FFL03+COE; everyone should get it. Wish I could get an FFL07 but town law makes it nearly impossible both financially and socially. Had plans to do some CNC projects but recent laws changed all that.

I’d love to know more about the FFL03+COE process. I don’t want to clutter up this thread with that information, but if you have the time and you don’t mind, I’m sure other forum members would love to know more as well.

I’d love to know more about the FFL03+COE process. I don’t want to clutter up this thread with that information, but if you have the time and you don’t mind, I’m sure other forum members would love to know more as well.
It's been a while since I looked, but the guide on r/CAguns was pretty useful and included most of the details. It's worth downloading the state COE form and the FFL application form and reading through the instructions for each.

Also, there was a CLEO cover letter kicking around somewhere to make that part of the process a little less frustrating.

It would be great to add that here as a resource but I have no clue how that works.

I very much hope that it remains not only safe but even welcoming, for people of every kind. If it becomes a xeno-, homo-, trans- and whatever-phobic hellhole, then we have failed.

There is a famous scene from "Blazing Saddles", the spoof of western movies: The all-white people of the little town of Rockridge have come to accept their black sheriff and his Chinese friends from the railroad (after all, the sheriff saved the town). So the sheriff asks the town elders whether he and his friend can settle there, and the elder says "Everyone, except not the Irish". Someone replies "Even the Irish", and the elder goes "OK". I think that's the spirit of the west.

A warm welcome to everyone new joining this forum!

I just got mine last week and FFL03+COE has not saved me any money haha. (Well, maybe in the long-run.) Currently my lack of restraint has me splurging on multiple new gun purchases and a bunch of Velocity ammo shipped straight to my door. Don't do it!! (Definitely do it)

Hi everyone, glad to be a part of this community, I found out about it through Reddit. I’m fairly new to firearms but I’m excited to learn more

Halfkoreanguns here, artist formally known as dayer78 over on the other site. With all my itrader gone figure I'll stick with this alias and stay here. Been around for years and run around with all the cool asian dudes from north and socal. Just stopping by to say hello!

Halfkoreanguns here, artist formally known as dayer78 over on the other site. With all my itrader gone figure I'll stick with this alias and stay here. Been around for years and run around with all the cool asian dudes from north and socal. Just stopping by to say hello!
Thanks for stopping by. We have our own feedback system here and as we build up sales. We have a leaderboard for feedback scores here. It's a bit more fun and gamifying it a bit. Perhaps we'll add some digital trophies/badges at a later time if this gets going so ya'll can have a little fun with it.

I know how important it was at Calguns.. We'll make it a core part of things here. But first, we have to build up the community! So Welcome aboard.

We're always experimenting with what we can do here. Maybe I'll see you around, I also do matches up and down CA.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 12.51.23 PM.png

Glad to be in this new community.

I found CA Guns by doing a google search on "Calguns sucks". Seriously.

My former Calguns ID was exnds where I had some decent iTrader rating. I'll have to start over here. Maybe I'll sell a Glock or two to get the ball rolling. We'll see.

I’ve been on Calguns for several years. After the severe slow down of the servers on Calguns I started lurking around Reddit r/CAguns then came across this site. I like the Marketplace layout and category filters are something Calguns never had. It looks good so far and I’m glad the be a part of it.

What’s up everyone. Calif 15-22 here. Loooooong time CaLgun member since 2012. Looking for additional platform so here I am.
Live in the SF Bay Area (Peninsula) and hobbies include Guns (duh), Harleys (I have 2), Adventure Motorcycles (Also have 2) and my Honda Monkey Bikes. (Yep 2 of those). Lol.

Also a former Vintage Mustang racer now with a 2020 GT 500.

Kudos to Caguns for a new site with. GREAT look. The iTrader loss on Calguns hit many of us hard. If anyone can find a way to recreate here and there, I and others would glad pay to get those years of transaction ratings back.

Anyway look forward to the discussions here.

Thanks . . .

Bob

Kudos to Caguns for a new site with. GREAT look. The iTrader loss on Calguns hit many of us hard. If anyone can find a way to recreate here and there, I and others would glad pay to get those years of transaction ratings back.
Thanks and welcome to the site!

The iTrader loss was one of the big reasons I decided to build this site. Some people knew it was coming, a lot of people did not. Unfortunately, there's no way to get those years of transactions back, but here we leverage your Calguns history. This was our workaround, you can read more about it here

As you look around, you'll see some folks here from Calguns. It's another layer of trust since your account is from 2012. So we do offer a Calguns Verification check it out and see if that might work for you. Here there's a bit of activity in the classifieds, so it doesn't hurt to have an initial reputation.
Calif 15-22 here.
15-22 is a fun plinker.

Otherwise, feel free to chime in on a threads, check out the classifieds and search system, or start your own post. Changes come fast, fyi.

Hello all,

I found out about this forum from a calguns thread where they were posting updates while the site was down. My username was the same over there. I’ve been a user there since around 2011, I think. I’m just now finding out that we all lost our iTrader ratings, so I’m wishing I’d chosen a different username here since I can’t reference my past record of not being shady anymore. Oh well!

I am in Sacramento. I mainly shoot at The Gun Range in North Highlands. Would love to become a member of an outdoor shooting club, but have heard Sac Valley takes a long time before you can user their bays. Maybe one day I’ll branch out.

I’ve taken a couple courses in recent years (1 day AIWB from My Own Defender and 3 day AIWB and Red Dot Pistol from Modern Samurai Project). I’m hoping to catch Street Encounters from FPR Training when he travels out west again.

Not sure what else to add. I like the site so far.

I’ve taken a couple courses in recent years (1 day AIWB from My Own Defender and 3 day AIWB and Red Dot Pistol from Modern Samurai Project). I’m hoping to catch Street Encounters from FPR Training when he travels out west again.
Welcome! Your account at CGN still can count because of its age. So don't worry about that, we still play nice with them. If anything, you can use our feedback over there and vice versa. I'm hoping that the feedback system here can be used for tx's in both places. I think it can work with dual listings.

Nice! I've taken Steve Andersons class with Fabio & Ben Hardt. Really cool guys and took Modern Samurai's Class a couple of times, I'm a certified MSP RDS Instructor. Nearly got the 3/4 but missed by 1 C on the bill drill. I couldn't come close to the 25 yard in under 1.25s. I think this year I should be able to clear it. It's a fun challenge and I learned a bit from his class. I have not heard of Street Encounters. I'm taking JJ Racaza's class when he comes at the end of the year to Richmond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back