caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

My EDC options

fifer55

CAguns Supporter
Calguns Verified
I don’t carry a standalone light because I am still debating which is best for me.

Other than that, I decided to carry as a first line of defense, pepper spray for a non-lethal option before I bring out the gun.

The knive is primarily used for opening boxes and stuff like that 😂

IMG_6022.jpegIMG_6021.jpegIMG_6025.jpegIMG_6024.jpegIMG_6023.jpeg

I see you're a big fan of the finger grooves lol
Nice setups man! planning on adding anything to that G19?

I see you're a big fan of the finger grooves lol
Nice setups man! planning on adding anything to that G19?
Yes sir. I found that fingers grooves are my jam and I like how it feels.

And the Glock is a 17.3 my friend (Glock 17, gen 3) and no, I’m not a big accessories guy. I felt that light on the CZ p01 was already too much 😂

I gave my wife the Glock 19.3 since it was smaller.

Oh right, my bad it is a G17.3. I saw the 9x19 and the brain misprocessed lol
I agree though, simple is key but I feel like the extra weight on polymer pistols feels better recoil-wise than on steel guns (adds to the heft)

I see you chose two CZs for your EDC, hows the weight on those for carry? I have SP-01 and it can be a little heavy on the belt for me.

Oh right, my bad it is a G17.3. I saw the 9x19 and the brain misprocessed lol
I agree though, simple is key but I feel like the extra weight on polymer pistols feels better recoil-wise than on steel guns (adds to the heft)
For EDC I prefer lighter. Carrying steel in AIWB hurts my lower back after time. Outside of it, competition and sport, I’d go for steel.

I see you chose two CZs for your EDC, hows the weight on those for carry? I have SP-01 and it can be a little heavy on the belt for me.
Since I started with these, I don't know anything else. I prefer the heft personally and do wear the KORE Essentials 1.5" belt now so I don't really feel the weight. I wear my IWB (inside the waistband) between 3 and 4 pm. I only really only feel the weight when I go to the bathroom and I drop my pants lol!

But to be honest, I bought the Fat Guy holster and I don't like it or maybe I am not used to it? I am a bigger dude (size 43 waist) and it feels weird and pinches my belly, so I rarely wear the AIWB (appendix Inside the waistband), BUT when I do, I feel it weird, it pokes my belly and I feel my pants sag even after I tried adjusting it and different clips.

Last edited:
Since I started with these, I don't know anything else. I prefer the heft personally and do wear the KORE Essentials 1.5" belt now so I don't really feel the weight. I wear my IWB (inside the waistband) between 3 and 4 pm. I only really only feel the weight when I go to the bathroom and I drop my pants lol!

But to be honest, I bought the Fat Guy holster and I don't like it or maybe I am not used to it? I am a bigger dude (size 43 waist) and it feels weird and pinches my belly, so I rarely wear the AIWB (appendix Inside the waistband), BUT when I do, I feel it weird, it pokes my belly and I feel my pants sag even after I tried adjusting it and different clips.
Great choices for your EDCThere are couple reasons I can think of, as to why you having issues with carrying AIWB.

1. You are carrying pretty big guns.
2. The one you choose to go with for AIWB is double action, which has a hammer sticking out.

I’m not a big guy (32 waist) but a belly is a belly. I started our carrying IWB 3:30 position too (loved my AG Shapeshifter, when I did by the way), because AIWB just different feel comfortable for me at the time. It worked out for quite awhile, but carrying AIWB was always what I really wanted to do because of some of the advantages over the 3:30 position. One of biggest one is the gun being accessible while sitting in the car with the seatbelt on. So I kept looking for ways, even looking at the JX Tactical aka "Fat Guy Guy" holster. I ended up going with a Tenicor Malus Sol for my G19 with an RDS and a TLR-1; and a Vedder Lighttuck for my G26 with an RDS and a TLR-6. I’ve been carrying AIWB since last summer and have driven to Vegas carrying the whole way with no issues. The Tenicor actually made my G19 with a full-sized WML more comfortable to carry than my G26, as it has this bump that acts like a wedge on the back ( that side pushing against your body) of the holster. I’ve just ordered some wedges from Vedder, so we’ll see how that works out too.

I’m going to add a Hellcat to my permit and will be adding all my full-size pistols to the list as well, soon. “The best gun to carry, is the biggest one you can do so comfortably,” right? 😊

That looks like the OC and CS Sabre formulation. That version isn’t as effective as the OC only Sabre Red, just FYI. It’s an inexpensive item to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back