caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

A couple of questions…

minerva

Looks like a great start to the forums but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to dismiss the “Classified” banner? The one that says,
Hello! If you visit the Marketplace, Click "Overview" in the listing or go directly to the Classifieds.
2. One of the things I liked about Calguns was its integration with Tapatalk. Is there a native app for whatever this forum runs on? Web apps always tend to run funky for me on iOS.

Other than that, the classifieds section looks great and I greatly appreciate the ability to have multiple views, especially ones with larger thumbnails. Looking forward to further development!

Other than that, the classifieds section looks great and I greatly appreciate the ability to have multiple views, especially ones with larger thumbnails. Looking forward to further development!
That’s likely going to move to a subscriber feature
it uses full res pictures so the bandwidth requirement is up to 6x, but glad you like it. It’s one of the main reasons we enforce standard title - Location it’s easier to scan and looks cleaner.

Is there a native app for whatever this forum runs on?
We have a PWA progressive web app

Thread 'Use the CAguns.net Mobile App! (Progressive Web App)'
https://caguns.net/threads/use-the-caguns-net-mobile-app-progressive-web-app.90/

1. Is it possible to dismiss the “Classified” banner? The one that says,

After tomorrow. We have a lot of people coming in from CalGuns who need to review the differences. We’re not CG, we adapt from several 2A communities to develop our own style. I was receiving a lot of messages similar to yours wanting the site to move more towards CGN. So I had to make that matrix to illustrate the point and people still don’t always read it.

You’re much nicer about it. FYI

Btw , welcome! I see you’re looking around and finding little Easter eggs. Things will develop and build out over time. I’m currently working on the underlying framework of services.

I was able to dismiss that banner today, so that’s nice!

I did see the option to add the PWA to my home screen but my previous experience with any “apps” like this has been poor. I’ve tried it many times as other sites have the same offering but it just never works out well. Not sure if it’s something to do with caching or how user session data is stored (or not stored) but it always ends up being a poor experience. No worries, the site has been plenty responsive via mobile browser.

Keep up the great work!

I’ve tried it many times as other sites have the same offering but it just never works out well.
Try it, then report issues. I use it personally for push notifications. You never know, it might work here. 😉

user session data is stored (or not stored) but it always ends up being a poor experience.
We use a combination of caching. Let me know what the issue is. We don’t have a problem I’m aware of with stale data or problems with sessions. If you’re specific with the problem i can take a look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back