caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Favorite rifle options with detachable mags

Favorite CA legal rifle with detachable mag?

• Fightlite SCR

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • FM-15 Ranch Rifle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini-14

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Scout M1A (no pistol grip)

• Other

• Total voters

cyberpunk

I’m looking for a “battle rifle” but really can’t accept a fixed mag AR. I was excited reading about the SCR and the FM, but I feel the controls kill it for me. I’m specifically referencing the mag release and its operation.

What are your favorites and why? If you mark other, make sure to leave your comments below. :)

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with that one. I’ll go check it out. I want to know who voted for the SCR and how they deal with the funky mag release. It seems like that would require significant training to get used to.

I am a big fan of featureless ARs. They o my thing that is weird is the grip but those have been getting better over the last decade or so.

I am a big fan of featureless ARs. They o my thing that is weird is the grip but those have been getting better over the last decade or so.
While I agree it’s subjective, people seem to like the Juggernaut grip. Maybe I’ll just build an AR and see how it goes.

Featureless AR with juggernaut or sparrow grip > M1A > mini 14 > SCR/FM

The jugg/sparrow grips are comfortable enough to make featureless beat the other options imo. The M1A scout is nice, but there are arguably no good scout optics which only leaves red dots or irons without adding another type of scope mount to the receiver (also .308 prices are insane). For the price of a Mini 14/SCR/FM you could build a nice AR, they use proprietary parts that are usually more expensive, and for the SCR/FM the controls compared to a featureless AR15 are lacking.

Featureless AR with juggernaut or sparrow grip > M1A > mini 14 > SCR/FM

The jugg/sparrow grips are comfortable enough to make featureless beat the other options imo. The M1A scout is nice, but there are arguably no good scout optics which only leaves red dots or irons without adding another type of scope mount to the receiver (also .308 prices are insane). For the price of a Mini 14/SCR/FM you could build a nice AR, they use proprietary parts that are usually more expensive, and for the SCR/FM the controls compared to a featureless AR15 are lacking.
Very compelling points. I’ll give it a go then and build my first AR. There’s a side benefit that, if I move, I can just swap a part or two and have a standard build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back