caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

Gun belt recommendations for uspsa?

Kyle2086

Been slowly getting into uspsa recently just for fun, I doubt I'll ever pick up grand master but I'd like to get set up so I can just have a go bag to practice or go to the meet, I've been using a Kore belt and some Blackhawk magazine pouches, I'd like to get something similar to a duty belt setup with an inner and outer belt, I'd like to have a dump pouch and first aid bag on, so something that would work with molle straps. I'm running a Sig 320 X5 with an EPS, other than that it's stock. Any recommendations are appreciated, I'd be super happy to get a whole rig for 300, but if it's worth it to spend more for some reason I'm open to it.

Thanks for reading!

You don't need a dump pouch for competition. It sounds like you want to run a tactical setup, which is fine, but it'll get in the way. Are you looking for two setups or one that will do both? If you do a tactical setup it's different. They'll use a buckle system vs the velcro. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but they're different.

Ghost mag pouches like this

or

A ghost belt or whatever belt you want and a good holster. These days, the bigdogsteel ones are good with retention. I'll have a review of it myself soon.

You don't need a dump pouch for competition. It sounds like you want to run a tactical setup, which is fine, but it'll get in the way. Are you looking for two setups or one that will do both? If you do a tactical setup it's different. They'll use a buckle system vs the velcro. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but they're different.
Not so much a need as a want, mostly for those stages where you have to grab your pistol and magazines off the table, but I guess that's why people use magnets, I'm not really all that comfortable about using them yet.

I'm curious to hear how you like that holster!

I'm currently running teh Ghost Holster Hydra P+ rig. It's comfortable enough.

I have friends that love the Double Alpha rigs, and they run the Lynx belt. The website was a little too busy for me and I couldn't come up with a rig set up that made sense for me. https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/holsters-and-rigs

I don't know anything about tactical rigs, but for a carry optics USPSA rig, this is what I'd get (in fact it's exactly what I do use):

For belt, you'll be fine with that DAA premium I linked, or the DAA lynx, CR Speed, or Shooters Connection. They're all fine.

For holster, I wouldn't spend more than the one I linked there, if you're shooting prod or CO. You can replace one of the screws on the holster with this: https://www.mcmaster.com/5720K45/ to give it a really nice lock/unlock system.

For pouches, I've used both the ghost 360 and daa XiP and much prefer the daa xip for ease of adjusting. I use 3x of the XiP, with a magnet on the 1st one. I use the magnet to bring my 'make ready' mag to the start, and to hold my 'unload and show clear' mag at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back